The world of blogging was introduced to me back in 2003 while a student at Fanshawe College and it is something that has always interested me on a personal and business aspect.
Is it still necessary for business today?
- Blogging adds a personal touch to your business.
- It provides an opportunity to share more information with customers about your business and provide useful insight they may not get anywhere else.
- Blogging can also support more “meat” to your social media posts. A link can be added to a post for those who want to read more.
- Blog posts can be re-purposed for social media content.
- Drive traffic to your website which could become leads.
What do I blog about?
- Think about topics related to your business that you enjoy talking about.
- Info about what you want the public to know about your business and services.
- Personal stories about how the business started and what it means to you.
- Goals for the future or how you hope to impact your community.
- Keep your posts simple and clean.
- Use easy language and add graphics or photos to enhance the post.
- Tag posts with categories such as: blog, business, services, helpful to help the SEO portion of your website.
- Always include a call to action as a way to encourage engagement.
Need some help starting? Here are some resources to get you inspired:
Mind Body Green
Frank Sonnenberg Blog
Little Fat Boy
If you are still stuck, just start writing. Keep a note pad or digital pad open on your phone so that when inspiration hits, you can write down some thoughts. It’s a great start!
Do you want to be the first to learn more about blogging for business?
Be sure to hit subscribe below to receive weekly posts!